Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Share-Unique Belongings

Hey Blog Readers!

For today's Sunday Share I am featuring a local furniture/junk refurbishing store.  Noreen runs Unique Belonings (linked up here so you can check out her beautiful work).  A store that specializes in restoring vintage furniture to something new and fun.

A month or so ago I found this little beauty online.  I loved the lines of the table and the adorable detailing in the flowers and the lines in the legs.  I thought this would be a great little table for books and magazines, and some other odds and ends.  I knew I had to have it even though I wasn't sure where in the house it will go (I'm still not), or what color I wanted it to be.  I contacted Noreen to pay for it so no one else was able to snatch it up.

She called me last week and said she was ready to paint it so did I know what color I wanted it to be?  I had gone back and forth between a fun yellow and a greenish blue.  I decided on the sunshine yellow with a black glaze treatment, and voila, here's how it came out.  I love it.  It couldn't have worked more perfectly.  It's exactly what I saw in my mind's eye.  It goes perfect with my old globe and favorite picture of my Gram when she was a little girl.  (Taken on Park Point in the late 30's)  I can't wait to find this little beauty the perfect place in our house--I'm thinking she'll either go in our addition (another Sunday Share coming up) or perhaps she will find her forever home in our house when the "Grown Up Living Room"comes to fruition after we move the kid furniture to the family room.  No matter where she ends up, I know she'll look just right.

If you are looking for that perfect piece, I encourage you to check out Noreen at Unique Belongings-she does a fabulous job, is so easy to work with, and very reasonable with her prices.  She has all kinds of inspiration in her various albums on Facebook as well as an album dedicated to those pieces that are still looking for the perfect home.

Hope you have a great rest of your Sunday!  Thanks for stopping in--see you tomorrow for a Clean and Simple Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment