Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saffron and Grey




We made it to Saturday everyone!!

Today I'm going to share with you about an absolutely darling flower shop here in town.  It's called Saffron and Grey.  They do flower couture right here in Duluth.  I have to tell you, I have so much love for this little place.  When I was a kid, it was the corner grocery store in my Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood.  We used to walk down to the store with Gram and get a treat for after nap, or to catch the bus for our adventure of the day.  My Gram doesn't drive, and my Grandpa was still working when I was little, so Gram and I took so many adventures via the city bus or by walking.  Fond memories.



So, now that corner grocery store is Saffron and Grey.  A local shop run by two MN sisters living out their dream of flower design.  I recently had the pleasure of taking a class there.  I treated my Gram and I to a class to learn how to make stackable flower arrangements.  You know the ones.  The ones that are absolutely beautiful and seem as if it would be impossible to make look good.  Layla and Abby made it look easy, and I am so excited to try it out myself with the kit they sent home with us.  In fact, I have my 3 bowls, and I am going to head out in a little while and pick up some flowers and things to make my own today.  I love planning parties and doing events, and I imagine this little skill will only prove helpful for those things.  I'll share my creation when I finish it up, but in the mean time, here are the two they showed us in the class.







Not sure why these lovelies are not lining up as they should--but you get the idea.  I hope you enjoy them, and I'll be back to share my creation when it's complete.  Enjoy your Saturday!  If you want to check out what Saffron and Grey has to offer, or sign up for their mailing list so you get what the latest classes will be, you can find them here.


PS....Stampin' Up is offering FREE SHIPPING on ALL orders places from today through Monday (4/8) at 12:50 pm our time.  If you "need" anything click the link to my store at the top of my blog and take advantage of free shipping!!





2 comments:

  1. Lots of memories from childhood, mine and yours, there for me too! Can't wait to see what you create ~ thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the classes. Besides, I have to start looking at places for wedding flowers! Thanks Amy!!

    ReplyDelete