Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fairy Princess Ball

Fairy Princess Ball 2012


Happy Saturday Blog Friends!


Emily and Me (She's'wearing her birthday crown)
*Hopefully* when this post posts I will be having coffee with my sister Emily at her house near the Twin Cities.  She is getting married in May and this is supposed to be her bachelorette party weekend.  I say *hopefully* because we are supposed to have gotten ANOTHER 8-12 inches of snow from Thursday in to Friday.  Also, there is supposed to be a "wintery mix" for Sunday and who likes to drive in that?  (nobody)  I am trying to ignore the reality that it could happen because my little sister is so special to me, and I want to be there for her.  So, hopefully the weather professionals were wrong, as they have been known to be on occasion, and we are happily sipping coffee together as you all are reading this post.

Today I am posting about an event I am honored to have been a part of the last few years.  It's called the Fairy Princess Ball and it benefits the Erick Peter Person Cancer Fund.  The fund exists to help families make ends meet when they have a child who is receiving treatments for pediatric cancer at our hospital. This is a cause near and dear to my heart as I have experienced pediatric cancer in my own family.  I lost my middle sister, Katie, to a brain tumor when she was 15 months old and I was 3 1/2. This event is a great way to honor my sister's memory by helping raise money for those in need and families who are in situations similar to those my own family was in when Katie was sick all those years ago.

Boy do the girls have fun!  The Fairy Godmothers and all the behind the scenes volunteers work extremely hard to make this a memory that will last a lifetime for these kids!  They work tirelessly to create the theme, work with the sponsors, line up the food and activities, a photographer and a DJ to round out the day.  It's an inclusive day, so the tickets include the meals and all the things to do at the ball.  Since it's start up 4 years ago, they have raised over $33,000 for the fund to directly help families in need.

My Girlfirends and Me Fairy Princess Ball 2011

As of today there are still tickets left.  If you want a fun event for you and the little princess in your life to attend together, please check it out.  If you don't have a princess to take to the ball, or don't live close enough to make that happen, but feel as if this is a cause you think is important, please consider making a donation.  I've linked you to the event page here.  You can sign up for the ball, or make a donation, or even just read more about it.  I can't wait to take my own niece some day when she's old enough.  Thanks for taking the time to read through my post today!

No comments:

Post a Comment