Sunday, September 15, 2013

Thinking Of You


Happy Sunday Readers!

Two posts in one day!

Today I have my card for the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge (PPA171).  Here's the color palette we had to work with:


These colors look so good together, it's a really warm and sweet color combo.  The first card I thought to do with these colors was a baby girl card.  However, then I came upon this little bird in the nest from the set For the Birds and I thought it worked just great.  I used a Calypso Coral cardstock background with a mat of Etcetera designer series paper.  I used the Chalk Talk framelits and woodgrain embossing folder in the Baked Brown Sugar cardstock and added a pop of color with the scalloped oval punch.  I punched out the very vanilla circle with the 1 3/4" circle punch and colored the bird with the Calypso Coral marker.  It still needed a little something so I added the large pearls on either end.

I really liked how it came together, simple and fun, yet cute, too!  


I'd love to hear what you think.  Thanks for stopping in today!  Have a great start to your week.