Sunday, September 15, 2013

Thinking Of You


Happy Sunday Readers!

Two posts in one day!

Today I have my card for the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge (PPA171).  Here's the color palette we had to work with:


These colors look so good together, it's a really warm and sweet color combo.  The first card I thought to do with these colors was a baby girl card.  However, then I came upon this little bird in the nest from the set For the Birds and I thought it worked just great.  I used a Calypso Coral cardstock background with a mat of Etcetera designer series paper.  I used the Chalk Talk framelits and woodgrain embossing folder in the Baked Brown Sugar cardstock and added a pop of color with the scalloped oval punch.  I punched out the very vanilla circle with the 1 3/4" circle punch and colored the bird with the Calypso Coral marker.  It still needed a little something so I added the large pearls on either end.

I really liked how it came together, simple and fun, yet cute, too!  


I'd love to hear what you think.  Thanks for stopping in today!  Have a great start to your week.  



4 comments:

  1. Amy, the woodgrain is perfect with the bird in the nest and I love the Etcetera background. Thanks for playing this week at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card, Amy! I love your combination of shapes behind the bird, and the pearls are a lovely accent. Thanks for playing along with The Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clean and pretty, Amy! This polka dot paper is one of my favorites. The pearls are perfectly placed, and really set off the image. Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your crisp and clean design! Very well put together - thanks for playing with PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete