Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Friday Mashup on Wednesday

Hey All--

Today I have the Friday Mashup challenge submission.  Here's an excerpt from their page about this week's challenge:



October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  Each year, approximately 870,000 families experience the loss of a baby during pregnancy or shortly after birth.  We have a support group through our local hospital called H.A.N.D.S., Hope after Neonatal Death through Sharing, which holds a Walk to Remember and balloon release event every October to commemorate our babies.

In addition, the support group provides assistance and emotional support to the families undergoing the loss of an infant, including ceramic memory boxes, crocheted blankets and infant gowns, and help with funeral arrangements.  I cannot donate these type of items, as I have no talent for these crafts, but I can donate cards.  The support group sends out cards to members during their time of grief as well as on the anniversary of their loss. 

My challenge to you is to create a thinking of you or condolence card, and if you are inclined, donate the card to a local infant loss charity or support group.  You can also send your donation card(s) to me (contact me at runningwscissors@earthlink.net for mailing address), and I will collect and donate them to my local H.A.N.D.S. charity.  

I had saved this card on one of my Pinterest boards as a card I'd like to case.  I love this Summer Silhouettes stamp set-it's so versatile and classic.  It has a simple elegance to it.  Here's the card I wanted to CASE (copy and share everything)  by LeAnne Pugliese (thanks LeAnne for the beautiful card-check her out here)

Here was my take on the card.  I work in a local hospital here in town, and I am going to check with our NICU/Birthplace to see if we have a similar program I can get involved in.  I'd love to do a card drive to help those families in need.

As you can see, I went with a similar color palette, although I traded Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake in for Smoky Slate, and didn't add a button or washi tape.  You can still see the influence of the regular card.  

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Amy! You've done a wonderful job pulling inspiration from LeAnne's card but still making it your own. A card drive sounds like such a nice idea. Thank you so much for participating in this week's challenge at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card, Amy! I love the flower and leaf design up the left side of the card. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete