Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Grandparents' Day!

Happy Sunday Out There!

Today is a special day--it's Grandparents' Day.  I was just saying to my husband on our way home from the cabin last night how blessed I feel to still have all of my grandparents in good health.  It's really fortunate--they are all in their 80's, still living at home, both grandpas are still driving and they can get around and do the things they love to do.  Not only am I lucky to have them, but my boys are certainly lucky to get to know them, too.  Here's a picture of the 4 of them yesterday:
Marlene, Betty, Willard, and Dale Fish Lake 9-7-2013

In addition, we are fortunate that our parents live close enough to build those special grandparent relationships with our boys.  Mitch's mom and dad live here in town, and my mom and dad are only a couple hours away, so we get to see them often.  I love that the families each bring unique traditions to our boys--it's so fun to watch our parents love Alex and Jack.  Here's a few random ones I had on my computer.

To all of you out there who have your grandparents around-give them a call or a hug today.  If they aren't, remember them and tell someone a story about what you loved about them.  For those of you whose parents are grandparents to your children--show them some love today.  Thanks for stopping in!









No comments:

Post a Comment