Sunday, September 8, 2013

Nacho Average Challenges


Good Monday Morning All!

I found a new challenge blog (to me) while cruising looking for sketch ideas.  It's called Nacho Average Challenges, and my card today is for their current sketch.  I really love a sketch challenge to help get card ideas going.  This was a really fun sketch, clean and simple lines but plenty of ability to jazz it up, too.  Clean and simple-my favorite kind of card.  In fact, we may be using this sketch in my next Stampin' Club night.

Here's their sketch:

Here's my take:


I have to say it almost never happens that I use just one set for a card, but the Truly Grateful stamp set from the holiday mini made that possible for this card.  I love the wood background stamp done here  in Soft Suede.  I can see it as a focal point for lots of cards to come.  I stamped the wheat bundle in Crushed Curry, and added some Sweater Weather designer series paper in Tangerine Tango.  These colors really say fall harvest don't they? Then I added a piece of Burlap ribbon for contrast before adding the flag and greeting.  A good Thanksgiving card, or even a thank you for that friend or family member you've been meaning to send a note to.

I hope today is the start to a great week for all of you!  We have only one weeknight soccer game this week, and this Sunday will be my Spooky Banner class.  Wish you all could join me.  See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. I love this! Your burlap ribbon looks great!! So glad you found us!! I hope to see you more at future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found us Amy!!! Beautiful card, love the colors you chose and how you used the burlap ribbon. How you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fall-themed card. I have this stamp set, but haven't used it yet. Thank you for the inspiration. I hope you'll continue to participate in future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card, Amy! I love how you cut out that sheaf of wheat! Fab use of the sketch, Thanks for playing at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, pretty! Love the color combo and the burlap, they're perfect for a beautiful Thanksgiving card. Thanks for joining in the Nacho fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the layers, especially the flag layers. So glad you joined us and hope to see you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A challenge site I have yet to find and "Pin"! Yeah! Love the great idea with the Truly Grateful set!

    ReplyDelete