Sunday, September 22, 2013

A new A.R.T. Challenge


Happy Sunday Readers!

This post will be brief as I am heading out to Alex's last soccer game of the season.  It's a beautiful Fall day here so it will be nice to be outside enjoying the sunshine for a little bit.  I've been spending my morning going through the house and putting clutter away, doing laundry, and getting my Fall decorations out.  I can't wait until tonight when the kids are tucked in bed and I can have the candles on and admire the fact that for this small moment in time the house is put away! (These moments are few and far between in a house with two growing boys and a puppy no matter what my inner Martha Stewart says!)

Here is the sketch over at A.R.T. Card Challenges, a site I found while looking for new sketches to try on Pinterest.  The sketch was a simple one.  I've already got some other ideas to do with this one.  I'll share them later this week.

Here is my take.  I used Island Indigo as the background, the bird punch, and paper from the Gingham Garden designer series paper, sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes (my go to!) and some rhinestones to finish it off.  

Thanks for stopping in today!  I hope you are having a great Sunday whatever you are doing.  I'll be back tomorrow with my Nacho Average Challenge card.  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your paper-pieced bird! Thanks for playing along with us for the A.R.T. CAS Sketch Challenge! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of colors ... love the color of your base card and that bird is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at A.R.T. and joining our SKETCH CHALLENGE this week! Hope you'll join us again next week!
    Darlene
    A.R.T. DT
    A.R.T. Challenge Blog
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete