Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Recipe Share and Thank You Gift

Good Morning!

It's no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Pinterest.  So many great things on there to look at and try. I was enjoying my morning cup of coffee this past Sunday just looking at what was out there when I stumbled upon a recipe for Pumpkin White Chocolate Snickerdoodles.  I love a Snickerdoodle cookie and could only imagine the flavors of pumpkin and white chocolate would make them even better. Since I had to stop at the store anyway, I picked up the few ingredients that I needed to make these cookies.  Thanks to Lil Luna for sharing this recipe.  (Go check out her blog)

Here is a picture she shared on her blog of these tasty cookies:

Here's the recipe:


White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles

By Lil' Luna
Delicious White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles that are perfect for Fall.

INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cream butter, shortening and sugar by hand in a mixing bowl. 
  2. Add eggs and vanilla and cream together.
  3. In a separate bowl combine, cream of tartar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
  4. Gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well combined. Add white chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
  5. Refrigerate for 30 - 45 minutes.
  6. Combine sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Form dough into small balls, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture and then place on a greased cookie sheet. 
  7. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
My cookies ended up cooking for about 14 minutes before they were done.  They got thumbs up from everyone in my family, and they could hardly wait for them to cool before they wanted to try them!

I packaged some up for some friends of ours and their family.  Our oldest son goes there each morning and walks to school with their son so he doesn't have to be home with the potential to miss the bus in the morning.  They also often share rides with us for soccer/pickups etc.  I thought some nicely packaged homemade cookies would be a great way to say thank you and that we appreciate them.  The tags are from the Tag a Bag bundle.  I love them!  I hope our friends enjoy these treats.  



Thanks for stopping in today! I also had to share an "outtake" with you.  Scout likes to help me with my stamping and pictures for blog posts.  She was especially excited to help with this one--she could smell the delicious cookies!




No comments:

Post a Comment