Friday, February 4, 2011

A Book for Emily

Happy Friday!!!
  Today I have for all of you a book that I made as part of my sister, Emily's, birthday last week.  I posted about the card I made her here last week, and this is one of the other little handmade things I had for her on her special day.

For this book, I used Love Letter paper again--see, SO versitile!  Vintagey, classic, elegant style.   I used the spiral notebook punch to fit the paper to the bound edge, and Tombow glue to hold it down.  I used the largest of the scallop circle punches, layered a 1 3/8ths circle of Newsprint, an Designer Tag Punch of the Love Letter Paper, and a Very Vanilla 1 1/4 circle stamped with the E from Lovely Letters.  Along the spine of the book I tied pieces of Basic Black satin ribbon.  I don't know what she plans to use the book for, but she loved it :)  On the back I just used another piece of the houndstooth pattern and stamped my "Hand Stamped by Amy Fink" stamp on a Very Vanilla Designer Tag punch.

Hope you all have a great weekend!  Wish us luck as we weed through our basement.  :)  Our local Savers store is going to love us after this weekend!!!  Whatever you do with yours, enjoy, and I'll see you all back here on Monday.

Happy Stampin!


No comments:

Post a Comment