Thursday, February 3, 2011

All About Me-Wedding




Good Thursday Morning Fellow Readers!
  Since most of you said you enjoyed my scrapbook layouts, I thought I'd show you a few this week.  This one is another page in my album I'm putting together, and it's going to feature pictures of our wedding.  I used the Love Letter paper.  Have you guys tried this one yet?  LOVE it.  So simple and elegant.  In the class I taught last weekend, one of the women was using it to do an album about her Dad who passed away recently.  It looked so classy with pictures from the early 1900's.  Later in the month my Grandma and I have a date to go through old pictures at her house, and this paper, along with the Newsprint paper are my top choices for the album I plan to make from the pictures I collect at her house :)  

Anyways--I chose this for our wedding because it's simple and elegant.  We got married in December, at a resort on the North Shore of Lake Superior.  It was an early evening wedding, and we were saying our vows just as the sun was setting looking out over Lake Superior.  Pastor Quello married us, and he has been a friend of our family's since I was a little kid.  In fact Pastor Quello and his wife, Sharon, are my sister's Godparents.  It was SO cold the week we got married.  Steam rose off the lake each morning.  My uncle took our pictures for us, he does photography as a side business, and we got some beautiful pictures.  My Mom did a great job ensuring that the room looked exactly how we wanted it, my mother-in-law hired a bagpiper to pipe us out of the ceremony and in to our reception, my sister and Mitch's brother stood up for us, Alex helped my Dad walk me down the aisle, my father-in-law and a friend set off fireworks for us, and my father/daughter dance with my Dad was one of my favorite memories of the day.  It was a wonderful weekend, I would do it all again!             
  I'll be sure to share pictures of this album when I have my photos in it, too.  Here's one of us as we walk up the aisle--Mr. and Mrs.   :)  Thanks for checking in with me today! 
Happy Stampin!

3 comments:

  1. YOu look so beautiful in your dress. It makes me wish that I hadn't eloped. No wedding dress, no wonderful pictures. I too like that paper, and I can't wait to see what you do. TFS. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress....you made a beautiful bride!! congrats!!! and I love that DSP too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete