Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Emily!!!



Happy Wednesday Everyone!
  Today, is a special day!  It's my little sister's birthday today.  Don't worry Em, I won't start sharing your age until you hit 30, which, will never happen since I'm turning 29 again this year.  :)
   I wanted to share with you all the card I made for my sister on her special day.  She has a great sense of style, and so I wanted to make her a card that reflected that.  I used the dress form from Sew Suite and I stamped it on 3 different pieces of designer series paper in bright colors.  I cut those out and added them to the dress form with a dimensional.  To each dress I added a bit of sparkle with our rhinestones.  Classy  with a bit of sophistication and fun.  Just like Em.  :)
  My sister and I are buddies.  Even though our styles and tastes are pretty different, we always have fun when we get together. We love shopping, even if it's for different things, and especially if it's a good sale! We love to try new restaurants, a good cup of coffee, we both love to head up the North Shore, have a love for old, vintagey items, and really just enjoy being able to be together.
  One of the things I love most about my sister is how much she makes me laugh.  She has a goofy, witty, hilarious sense of humor.  She has a kind spirit, and is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.
  Here's a few pictures of us growing up.  Thanks for checking in with me today, tomorrow I'll be back with a gift bag/card duo that I made for a party my son went to this weekend.

  Happy Birthday Emily, enjoy your day!! I'm so glad you are my sister and friend!  Love you!
I'm about 7 and she's about 2--"Helping" me with my Light Brights.

Gingerbread Cookies at Gram's.

Mom wanted to get a "nice" picture of us for the Christmas Card.....

Tour of B&B's this winter

Another picture of us on the B&B tour
Slurpees in our old front yard.  :)



Happy Stampin!






4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Am! I love the card and the book you made for me, and I love your blog post today too! I'm so lucky to have a great big sister like you. :) Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card and nice tribute to the special relationship you and Emily have! You described her to a "T" ~ so thankful for the beautiful, wonderful, talented, loving people you both are and that I was lucky enough to be chosen as your mother! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of when you and Emily were little... Those are the little girls I remember babysitting :) Love your blog and SU projects, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rhinestones...they were the perfect touch! And what fun pictures! I am sure that your sister will treasure her card!

    ReplyDelete