Wednesday, February 2, 2011

All About Me-Holidays


Wednesday already!!!  We're halfway through the work week everyone!!! :)  This weekend my Mom and Dad are coming up from the Twin Cities--their plan is to take our  Little Munchkins for us for the day so that Mitch and I can start cleaning/organizing our basement.  It's amazing how much more you can get done in a couple hours when your little "helpers" are out doing something else.  My parents are SUPER excited for some time with them, and the boys always love when Grandpa Dave and Grandma Linda are in town.

This is a picture of 1/2 of my holiday layout in my All About Me book.  This is the left hand side, the right hand side, is a mirror image of this one.  I used Crumb Cake as my background.  In fact, I used it in all of my pages--I like the background paper to be "quiet" so that the page itself can shine.  I also like to make my pages "mirror" each other--one of my quirks!  For this I used a traditional color scheme of Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler.  I added in a strip of Newsprint paper because I like the feel it adds.  

For this layout my plan is to do Christmas Past and Christmas Present.  Christmas Past will include pictures and favorite memories from my Christmases as a kid.  My Mom has given me a few pieces of Christmas Decor that were my favorites as a kid.  When I had Alex, I got our Santa Cookie Mouse.  This was a candle stick holder that has an adorable little mouse asleep in a sleeping bag waiting for Santa.  We used to leave our cookies for Santa on that plate as a kid and now my boys get to do that, too.  This year she gave me a set of three ceramic elves that used to watch over my sister and me during the holiday season.  I plan to include some pictures of those in my layout.  For Christmas Present, I am going to talk about how Christmas is different now that I have a family of my own.  

Thanks for stopping in today!  I'd love to hear what you think of today's layout, and any favorites you have from your holiday seasons, past or present.  :)

Happy Stampin!




No comments:

Post a Comment