Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Birthday Card


Hi Everyone!
  Today I have a little birthday card I recently made for a co-worker's birthday.  I used the Party This Way.  I got this idea from a card Kimberly Van Diepen did on her blog.  I loved how she made the flags work, even though she did them in white.  This card is kind of putzy with the cutting, but it is SO worth it!  Stampin' Up---if you are listening, we would LOVE a pennant punch!!  I used designs from Play Date and Sew Suite papers, stamped the flag on them and cut them out, then layered them on the scalloped edge with a dimensional.  I took my Basic Black marker and free handed a line connecting them all.  Then, stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" from the same set, and voila--a finished card.  I think it turned out great--how about you?

Happy Stampin!



3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!! Love your patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday card! Love the DSP banner! :) tfs

    PS - FOllowed you here via SC blog thread! :)
    http://crystalscraftingandrambling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Card. I like how you kept it simple.
    Thanks for Sharing. I'm following you via SC.
    Carrie Sampsel
    www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete