Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SUO Challenge 13- SALE A BRATE and Punch Bunch


Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!
  Today I have another Design Team challenge for all of you.  This time around our theme is "Sale-a-Brate".  Get out those shiny new sets you've all earned during Stampin' Up's biggest sale of the year and play along!  Anyone out there not know what Sale-a-Bration is or how it works, send me an email, I'd be happy to share.
  On to today's card.  I used a standard size Whisper White card stock base.  Layered on that is a 4x 5 1/4" piece of Melon Mambo designer series paper.  I have added a piece of Going Grey cut with the Tasteful Trims Big Shot die, then I wrapped a piece of Basic Black Satin Ribbon around all of it and tied a piece of Whisper White Organza Ribbon in a bow.  I punched out a large scallop circle in Basic Black,  layered a Going Grey 1  3/4" circle and on that popped up, with a dimensional, a piece of Whisper White stamped with the "For You" stamp from Punch Bunch.  Overall, I'm happy with the way this turned out.   I like that it's kind of a fun and classy color pallet and it's a nice blend of finishes with the satin ribbon and shapes.
  We'd love to have you play along with our challenge.  Check out what the rest of the Design Team has to offer you over at SUO Challenges.  Don't forget to link up your creation!  



2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Cute cards and I love your blog! I am passing the Stylish Blogger Award to you! Visit my blog for the details.
    Tonya
    http://stampnslice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the use of the 2 different ribbons.

    ReplyDelete