Saturday, May 4, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week AND Mother's Day




Happy Saturday Blog Peeps!

Monday kicks off Teacher Appreciation Week, and what a fantastic group of people to celebrate!  I know how hard teachers work, and fortunately for us, both of our boys have teachers in their lives this year that go above and beyond.  They will each be bringing them one of these arrangements along with a little card and gift on Monday morning to say thank you.


These little flower arrangements came together so easily.  I was reading the Stampin'Up! corporate blog a week or so ago, and there was a post about May Day coming up and tinting canning jars to hold flowers.  I knew I wanted to try that, and Stampin'Up! made it SO easy for me to learn.  (See this post here for some other really cool ideas)  Here are the step by step instructions they provided.  I used Midnight Muse reinker and some Summer Starfruit ribbon to finish them off.

As you can see, it takes no crafty talent whatsoever, AND it's quick and inexpensive, but the results are beautiful.  What a fun thing to have on hand to give for a little thank you or gift when you need one.  These would even be cute with nail files, cotton balls, a nail polish and nail polish remover for a girl's party favor, or with some of those mini bubble containers and some wands, and sandbox toys for those boys in your life.  

These would be great for weddings, grad parties, Mother's Day, an outdoor deck...possiblilties are endless!  I hope you try some out-these projects came together start to finish in about 45 minutes to an hour including the time it took for them to cook in the oven and to arrange the "faux" flowers.  Here's a few more pictures of the process, and Jack making his own special arrangement for his teacher and day care lady.  Thanks for stopping in today.  Have a great Saturday.  I'll be back tomorrow with my Sunday Share and back on track blogging each day next week.

Jars after about 30 minutes in a 180 degree oven

Jack creating his special arrangement

2 of the finished products-I liked them so much I made one for my desk at work





No comments:

Post a Comment