Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tis the Season for Birthday Parties...


Hi Everyone!
  Almost the end of another week.  :)  I'm excited for today because I have Stamp Camp with my group of ladies where we will be making the Valentine Pouch from Tuesday's post!  Then, Saturday, I am having the All About Me class where we will be working on scrapbooking about ourselves for the day. :) I'll be sure to take pictures of the class so I can share them with all of you!
  Today's post is a gift bag and card I made for my son Alex to take to a birthday party this past weekend.  Alex and his friends are all turning 9 this year, and they are getting to that age where they aren't teenagers yet, but they aren't little kids anymore either.  He went to a swimming party, and in the gift bag was a Star Wars Lego watch for his friend.
  I used just a plain white gift bag you can buy in bulk at your big box store.  (Mine came from Michaels).   To that I added a layer of Marina Mist cardstock layered with a sheet of Designer Series paper from the Celebrations pack.  I used a sticker strip from the Celebrations Accents pieces and voila, a coordinating bag.
  For the card I used the set Party This Way.  Have you all checked this one out yet?  I love the little pennant flag---SO cute for many other things.  I used the same colors in the card as are in the gift bag for a coordinated look.
  Hope you all enjoyed this easy gift ensemble!  Tomorrow, you'll want to check in---BLOG CANDY up for grabs!!

Happy Stampin!


No comments:

Post a Comment