Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Do Good in All Little Things


Hi Everyone!
  Today we are back with a peek at what's inside the gift bag I shared with you all yesterday.  I wanted to make something small for a co-worker's new workspace, and this is what I came up with.
  I started with just a regular white frame that has a 3.5 x 3.5 opening.  To that I added some of our Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon tied in a knot around the bottom.  I cut a 3.5 x 3.5 square of an Old Olive pattern from the designer series paper Play Date.  (I won it at Convention and it has been SO fun to play with) To that I added the Fleur de lis, also in Old Olive, from the Sale-a-Bration set Bliss.  I love that as a demonstrator I get to pre-order things from upcoming catalogs and promotions!  This set is one you won't want to miss.  I stamped the sentiment (not Stampin' Up but one I had in my stash), on a piece of So Saffron patterned paper, also from Play Date.  I colored the flower petals with my Rose Red marker and the leaves with the Old Olive marker.  I popped it up with some dimensionals in the middle of the Fleur de lis.  To the bottom I added a small strip of a Daffodil Delight patterned paper from Sweet Stitches, punched with the scallop border punch,  and topped it off with a piece of Rose Red patterned paper from the Designer Series Brights pack.   Here's a close up of what it looks like in the middle.

 I hope she likes it and it adds a bright spot to her day when she hangs it.  I would love to hear from all of you what you think, too.

Happy Stampin!


1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea! And your color combination is so sweet. I am following from SU. And did I mention before that my sister is Aimee Fink?! How funny is that!
    stampnslice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete