Monday, January 24, 2011

Mr. and Mrs.



Hi Everyone,
  Happy Monday!  Don't the weekends seem to just be flying by?  I thought after the holidays things might seem to slow down a bit but they sure haven't for me!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  It was SO cold up here in Minnesota.  I sure wish the temps would come up above zero so my little guys could get outside and play--our dogs could use it, too!
  Today I have the first of two bridal shower invitations I made up to show you.  A lady my Mom works with is hosting a bridal shower and asked if I could make up some invites for her to send out.  Her only request was that I used a chocolate brown and light pink, and that they were more "valentiney" than bridal shower like.
  I used the idea from Pals Paper Arts sketch for this week to get this one started.  My colors were Early Espresso and Pink Pirouette.  I used the dots patterned paper from the Subtles designer series paper collection, and the Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon to add some visual interest.  The hearts are from I Heart Hearts and then I used the Mr. & Mrs. from Tiny Tags.   On the inside I stamped some more hearts and used the lines from Notes and Details, new in the Spring Mini.
  Back tomorrow with a NEW SUO Challenge :)  Hope you'll play along with us!

Happy Stampin!!