Monday, January 24, 2011

Mr. and Mrs.



Hi Everyone,
  Happy Monday!  Don't the weekends seem to just be flying by?  I thought after the holidays things might seem to slow down a bit but they sure haven't for me!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  It was SO cold up here in Minnesota.  I sure wish the temps would come up above zero so my little guys could get outside and play--our dogs could use it, too!
  Today I have the first of two bridal shower invitations I made up to show you.  A lady my Mom works with is hosting a bridal shower and asked if I could make up some invites for her to send out.  Her only request was that I used a chocolate brown and light pink, and that they were more "valentiney" than bridal shower like.
  I used the idea from Pals Paper Arts sketch for this week to get this one started.  My colors were Early Espresso and Pink Pirouette.  I used the dots patterned paper from the Subtles designer series paper collection, and the Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon to add some visual interest.  The hearts are from I Heart Hearts and then I used the Mr. & Mrs. from Tiny Tags.   On the inside I stamped some more hearts and used the lines from Notes and Details, new in the Spring Mini.
  Back tomorrow with a NEW SUO Challenge :)  Hope you'll play along with us!

Happy Stampin!!






4 comments:

  1. love this!! so elegant looking! We too played with valentines this weekend, but it was with my 2nd grader, we made his classroom valentines, not nearly as elegant, but we did have fun. Thanks for sharing, Hugz n blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love chocolate and pink - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those hearts and the colors you chose for your card! So pretty! Thanks for playing at PPA with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo pretty and elegant! I love the soft colors and all the hearts and the wide striped ribbon! It is absolutely fabulous and I bet your mom’s coworker was absolutely thrilled with them!

    Amanda
    www.kraftingkreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete