Wednesday, January 12, 2011

All About Me

Happy Wednesday!
  Today I have a little peek at the beginnings of my All About Me album that I will be showing in the class I have scheduled at the end of January.
  To me a new year means new beginnings, and so I am trying my hand at teaching a scrapbooking class.  I'm sure a lot of you, like me, spend a lot of time making albums for other people, or of other people.  More time is spent behind the lens capturing "the perfect moment" for our books.....however, we aren't visible in it.  So, I thought it would be fun to kick off my new year of classes with an All About Me scrapbook.  Pictures of us, pictures of things we love, our favorite layouts, our favorite colors, a book just about us.  The girls got to pick out their paper colors and designer series paper that they loved the most.  I will be providing prompts and layout sketches for them to customize their books.  I am looking at it as a visual journal, a "Dear Diary" of sorts that I get to not only write in, but create.
  Our albums will all be the same 8x8 size from the new Occasions Mini, which I've provided a link to, here   It's from the Sew Suite collection, and I think it's adorable.  The perfect book for everything inside, and a size that's manageable and not overwhelming.  Here's a picture of the outside of my album, and apparently the legs of my wild leopard print jammies! Gotta love days where you can craft in your jammies--who's with me?  Well, that's it for today's sneak peek.  If you were going to start an All About Me album, what kind of prompts would you want included?

Happy Stampin!!!
 




1 comment:

  1. I like that idea. It's true, all of our talents seem to go for other peopele, so I like the idea of you doing something you love for you. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete