Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spoiler Alert

Hi Everyone!

First of all:

  If you are a member of my stamping club and DO NOT want to see the cute bag and bag tag you will be receiving at our meeting on Tuesday STOP READING!  




I recently attended Stampin' Up's Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah.  At Memento Mall, the store they have set up onsite with Stampin' Up merchandise available only to demonstrators that go to Convention*, these cute reusable shopping bags jumped out at me as a fantastic gift to my 10 club ladies.  Who doesn't love a reusable shopping bag, especially with such a CUTE print like this??  (*occasionally they will make some of the things available later to demos who couldn't attend)




Of course, I couldn't just give them the bag, I had to personalize it a bit.  So, I made a monogram bag tag for each of them using the Play Date designer series paper that I won at Convention.  The Play Date paper is what the bags were patterned after so they look like a matching set.  I ran the tags through my Big Shot using the Top Note die.  To make them a little more firm I used a piece of the cardboard that comes with each designer series paper pack that we buy.  I then used my XL Scallop punch (new in the Summer Mini), and my XL Circle Punch to create the flower that the initial goes on.  Using Basic Black ink I stamped the first letter of each of their names with the Lovely Letters set, and embellished with some retired play ground buttons.  I then tied these cute little tags to the bag with Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon.  SO cute and easy.  Wouldn't these also be great for the kids for those backpacks when they head back to school?  Or on a bag that you give a thank you gift to a teacher or day care provider?
  That's all I have for you tonight.  I hope to be back tomorrow with a new creation for all of you.  Thanks for checking in!

Happy Stampin!
Amy

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Amy!!! I bought these for my downline and they will get them at our meeting and I too made special tags, lol!!! This is fabulous, I am sure they will love them! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I'm following you from SC. way Cute project. I hope you had fun at convention. I did!
    JILL HILLIARD

    http://jill031070.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bags. I'm a new demo and didn't go to convention. Hopefully I'll be there next year! I'm following you from SC.
    www.crafthavenretreats.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Amy...I can't wait.. :)

    ReplyDelete