Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Monkey Business



















Hi Everyone!
  Today I have a card for you that my boys gave my husband for Father's Day this year.  My boys, who have been featured on my blog some, are 8 and 18 months.  Most days it feels like we live with 2 monkeys.  (Those of you who have boys can probably relate)  They are loveable and fun and NONSTOP energy.  What better way to convey that than a fun home made polka dots pattern and the cute monkey image from Fox and Friends?   I am SO glad that this set carried over from the mini catalog to the new Idea Book and Catalog.  I LOVE this set.  Adorable animal images great for baby cards, little kid cards, scrapbook pages and even Father's Day!
  This card was a simple card to do and didn't take a whole lot of time.  I used Whisper White as my background and my 1 3/8" circle punch to punch out Real Red and Bashful Blue polka dots.  I attached them in a random pattern with snail adhesive and clipped the edges off to make them flush with the edges of the card.  The monkeys were stamped on a piece of Whisper White in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, and then matted with a piece of Bashful Blue and Real Red cardstock.  Inside--a handwritten message (and scribble) from the boys.  This one goes in the "keep" pile.
  Check back.  I hope to be sharing a couple of holiday ideas, and later this weekend a scrapbook page and idea.  The scrapbook I will add to as time goes on, and will be featuring a lot of my little monkeys Alex and Jack.  Thanks for stopping in!

Happy Stampin!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I love polka dots so that makes me love this card even more. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! It was fun and simple...can't be beat. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete