Saturday, July 31, 2010

Clean and Simple Challenge 101

Hi Everyone--

I'm back with a quick post. We're heading out later today for my belated birthday celebration at my parents' cabin. I am looking forward to seeing them and my sister today. They live about three hours away, so I'm always glad when we can get together and the bonus is the weather is going to be nice enough for a pontoon ride. YAY!

So, the real reason you are here...a card! Today I participated in the Clean and Simple 101 challenge. Here is the sketch:


FTL101.jpg
















Here is my take:















I'm planning on using this card for a birthday party my older son was invited to next week. He and his friends will all be turning 9 this year, and I think the bold colors and graphic prints will be perfect. I used Real Red, Old Olive, and Bashful Blue card stock. I used the new Celebrations Designer Series Paper, and then Pacific Point ink stamped on Whisper White for the sentiment. Birthday Wishes comes from the level 3 hostess set Occasional Quotes, and the star is punched using the small star punch.

If you'd like to play along with this clean and simple sketch, here is the site.
http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/2010/07/101.html

Thanks for stopping by--hope you have a great Saturday!

Happy Stampin',

Amy




5 comments:

  1. what a wonderful take on the sketch, I love the colours you chose to show it off!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colorful number patterned paper. This will make a perfect bday card for a little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! I love that DSP...need to get me some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm now following you from SC. Hope you follow me too at www.cindys-inklings.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete