Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seasons Greetings



















Hi Everyone--
  Today I have the last of my swap cards to share with you.  I love how this one turned out.  It's kind of cutesy, old-timey....is that a style??
   I started out with a base of Real Red, I layered it with a 1/4" smaller layer of Whisper White.  To the edge of that I used a strip from the Candy Cane Christmas designer series paper and to that I added a strip of Baja Breeze decorated with the Eyelet Label punch.  I used the adorable ornaments and Christmas trees from the new set A Cute Christmas, the greeting comes to you from Four the Holidays in the IB&C.  The images on this card took me back in time a little bit, it reminded me of a family run tree farm where you get to go pick out "the perfect tree".  Ones I remember from growing up had the pre-cut Christmas trees under some hand strung Christmas lights--that's kind of what the ornaments above those happy little trees on this card reminded me of.   I love the holidays--I am looking forward to them this year.
  We do an artificial tree at our house, but we are looking for traditions to do with our boys.  One we have is that on Christmas Eve the boys open their new jammies, so they have new Christmas jammies on in the Christmas morning pictures.  They also get to open their new ornament to put on the tree on Christmas Eve  My mom used to do that with my sister and I when we were kids, and, she still usually gets us new pajamas as one of our Christmas gifts even though we are grown now.  We also still get an ornament.  I love that.  (Thanks Mom!!)  Are there any special traditions you do with your families for the holiday season?  I'd love to hear what they are.  Thanks for checking in!

Happy Stampin!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Too stinkin' cute! Following you now through SC. Hope you'll follow me, too! http://www.heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete