Thursday, March 17, 2011

With Sympathy


Happy Thursday Everyone!
  Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  Had I been on the ball I'd be sharing a card I sent out to all of my Irish relatives.  (My husband's mom is 100% Irish---xoxo Quealy Family!!)  I guess now would be a good time to plan for next year!!
  Today's card is made with Teeny Tiny Wishes and all kinds of fun new things out of the Spring Mini.  I used a Whisper White background with a layer of Baja Breeze.  On top of that I mixed my favorite floral pattern and the stripe pattern from the Springtime Vintage DSP.  To disguise where the two papers come together I wrapped a piece of Baja Breeze seam binding around the paper and tied it in a knot.  I love the softness of this seam binding and that you can either cut the edges neatly, or like I did here, you can fray the edges.  I punched out a piece of Baja Breeze with the Modern Label Punch and stamped With Sympathy in Chocolate Chip and added a pretty plastic flower in Very Vanilla to finish it off.  I like that it's a sympathy card that is soft, delicate, and pretty.  
  The Spring Mini runs through the end of April :)  Let me know if you "need" any of these items.  Tomorrow I will share the birthday party invitations I made for Alex's birthday and Friday--BLOG CANDY!
  Thanks for stopping in!

Happy Stampin!





3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Amy! I always seem to struggle with sympathy cards because I don't want to put "too much" on them and I think this just perfect. The seam binding is one of my favorite new products, too. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! I found you through the stampin connection and am now following you :)

    www.stampingwithashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete