Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SUO Challenge-A Birthday Card


Happy Tuesday Everyone~
  Here I am today with another SUO Challenge for you.  This time the challenge was to create a birthday card.  It was a perfect challenge because I just got done creating Jack's birthday card, in February, but I shared that one with you guys already.  As luck would have it, Alex's birthday is just around the corner so today I am sharing with you his birthday invitations, however, they could easily be turned in to a birthday card, too.
  Alex picked out his paper that he wanted.  (Do the ones with all the mixed up arrows, Mom)  So, I started with a simple Whisper White base.  On that I layered a piece of Real Red, followed by the paper from the Celebrations pack.  I customized each one with some stickers from the Celebrations Accent Kit, punched out a piece of Whisper White stamped with "Party This Way" arrow from, fittingly, the Party This Way stamp set.  :)  I layered that on a scalloped circle of Real Red and voila, party invitations that scream 9 year old boy.  
  I hope you enjoyed what I had for you today.  Please hop over to www.suochallenges.com and see what the other members of the Design Team have cooked up for you.   Lots of talented ladies over there, I am proud to be a member of their team!!  While you are there, link us up to your birthday creation.  We'd love to see what you make.  I'll be back tomorrow to share a preview creation, as well as some pictures of the soon-to-be birthday boy.  Thanks for stopping in!

Happy Stampin!


7 comments:

  1. What a fab and fun invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card!!

    Check out my blog to see an award I have placed upon you!! :)

    http://mayicards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that DSP, very nice!
    New follower, check my blog out too!
    http://sarasstampspace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What great ideas! I am now following you -- I'd love to have you follow me, too: thestampintexan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how its like a collage.

    I am now following you! : )


    http://justpeachystamping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card! Perfect for a little boy. I am your newest follower from SC.
    www.stampwithlaur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete