Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lisa's Root Beer Cake


Happy Easter Everyone!

Today's Sunday Share comes to you from my friend Lisa.  I met Lisa and her husband Darin when I was in college and I worked for Darin in the Pharmacy.  We all hit if off and have remained in touch (never as much we'd all like!!).  They are a BLAST and I wish I could see them more often.

Lisa used to make a root beer cake with root beer frosting for our friend Jarrod's birthday each year, so I asked her if she would share her recipe with me.  Here it is:

Root Beer Cake-Lisa Scheele
1 box white cake mix-complete cooking directions as the cake box states, except use root beer in place of the water that is called for.  Add a bit of root beer extract for extra root beer flavor.     

Frosting:
1 package Dream Whip (the powder you'd use to make whipped topping)
Use Root Beer in place of water again.  Add a drop or two of root beer extract.

So good!  I hope you enjoy this Sunday Share!  Thanks Lisa :)  Here's a picture of Lisa and I at their Luau party a couple years ago.  SO much fun.  If you try the cake, let me know what you think.  Hope you are having a great Easter!  Thanks for checking in!



No comments:

Post a Comment