Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hi Out There!

For my Sunday posts I think I will share a little bit about life here.  Recipes I've tried, books I'm reading, movies...any of that type of stuff.

Today I am going to share a recipe we have made SEVERAL times that I found on Pinterest.  We could eat this every day.  In fact, at the height of tomato season (which feels like it will be a LONG ways away since it's snowing here again as I write this post) we made a few of these each day and froze them in freezer bags so we could thaw them out and reheat them throughout the winter for a little taste of summer.

The recipe is called Rustic Tomato Tart and I found it on Pinterest.  (One of my favorite sites to visit to relax)    The post came from a blog called "Lick the Bowl Good" If you like pizza-you will LOVE this recipe.  Trust me.  So good.  I've linked you to the recipe here  and added a picture of the finished product below.

Rustic Tomato Tart
The only adaptations we made to the recipe was that we used just the store bought pizza crust dough (the kind that is usually on sale for 2 for 1.00)  I also used Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle for my herbs.  If you haven't checked this spice out yet, it's a must try.  My family has yet to be disappointed from anything at Penzey's.  Their spices are top notch, their catalog is a fun read, and this particular spice we like to add to anything Italian.  

I hope you are having a great Sunday!  Thanks for checking in today.  

2 comments: