Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thank You

Happy Sunday All!

Today I have one of the projects I made at my crafting staycation.  You may remember me talking about the weekend I had planned with some of my girlfriends I met through my older son when he started school.  We took over my in-law's beautiful B&B for the weekend.  It was great.  If you are ever in the Duluth area and need a place to stay, give my father in law Alan a call.  They own a beautiful Victorian home and he cooks a mean breakfast!

I worked mainly on building up a stash of cards for me.  I hadn't decided on my digital Christmas gifts yet, and I like to have a stash of cards for all occasions ready to go.  Here is probably my favorite one I got done at this weekend:

I love the stamp set For the Birds.  This is a set full of useful greetings as well as adorable birds that are cute whether you just stamp them in ink or color them in.  They also work really well stamped on some of your favorite designer series paper, cut out, and paper pieced on to your card.  Thanks to the Chalk Talk and Apothecary framelits, this card came together in a snap.  I used some of the Witches' Brew Halloween washi tape and a snip of the Cameo Coral Chevron Ribbon for accent.  I can never seem to have enough thank you and birthday cards on hand. 

This afternoon we are headed to my Grandma and Grandpa's house for our traditional pumpkin carving party.  We have been doing this for as long as I can remember and it's something we look forward to each year.  I'm not sure if my Gram or the kids are more excited.  We'll be having pizza and carving pumpkins this afternoon, and then we'll get to admire our creations lit on our porch tonight.

Speaking of carved pumpkins--last night my husband and I took our boys to Glensheen's Halloween Spooktacular.  Glensheen is a beautiful manor home here on the shores of Lake Superior that was donated by the Congdon family to the University of Minnesota Duluth.  All furnishings and family artifacts were left with the home as well, so it's a walk back in time to the early 1900's.  It's a really fun tour and they host seasonal family events throughout the year.  This year they had over 1000 pumpkins carved lighting up the grounds.  Here are a couple pictures from that event--it was fun! Thanks for stopping in today!  Have a good rest of your weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment