Friday, June 14, 2013

Puppies and Books I've Read Lately

Happy Friday All!

I hope whatever you do this weekend it's a good one!  I am looking forward to seeing my Mom and Dad at the cabin this weekend to celebrate my Mom's birthday and my fabulous Dad for Father's Day. My parents got our puppy Scout's sister--Lily--and they haven't seen each other since we brought them home Memorial Day weekend.  We are looking forward to seeing if they remember each other and how they play together.  Here's a picture of Scout and one of Lily with her big sister Lady Bug (my parents' 11 year old black lab)
Scout (8 weeks) with all her toys



Lily (8 weeks) Lady Bug (11)-Lily is a total little sister!!

I also wanted to share books I've read with you since I last posted about that in April.  We have read The Kitchen House, The Last Letter From Your Lover, and Defending Jacob in bookclub. 





 I expected more out of The Kitchen House--my whole book club liked it, but I felt like I didn't learn anything new and it took a long time to move the story foward.  The Last Letter From Your Lover-I'm glad I stuck with it.  The last 1/2 of the book was good.  At first I wasn't sure why I cared about any of the characters, but I am glad I stuck it out.  Defending Jacob was ok.  It was an easy "Beach Read".  The ending felt abrupt to me.  For July we are going to read The End of Your Life Book Club and I am excited for that one.  



 Just for fun at my friend Brenda's recommendation I just finished The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain.  I really liked this story of friendship, relationships, and the secrets we keep even from those we love most.  I would recommend this one!






Right now I just started Salting Roses and I like it so far one chapter in.  I'd love to hear what you have read lately, or what's on your list to read soon.  Tomorrow I'll be back with some sketches I've tried lately.  Thanks for stopping in!  Have a great Friday





No comments:

Post a Comment