Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Create with Connie and Mary Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!

I started new hours at work this week and am now going to be starting a little earlier and getting done a little earlier.  I am looking forward to this new change, especially with summer coming soon.

Today I am trying a new (for me) challenge.  I see friends of mine posting their Create with Connie and Mary cards and I always like the sketches they choose for inspiration so I thought I'd give it a go. I created this card for the Create With Connie and Mary (CCM255) challenge.

Here's the sketch:


Here is my card:

I went for the simple sophisticated combo of Very Vanilla and Basic Black.  The paper is from the new Modern Medly DSP that I earned for free (Thanks Stampin'Up!) There are lots of great patterns in this one all done in black and vanilla.  I always sing Happy Birthday in my mind when I see it so I thought the music notes were perfect to pair with the chevron print.  The Happy Birthday is from Teeny Tiny Wishes-one of my all time favorite sentiment sets.  With the oval punches-this card came together in no time.

Thanks for stopping in today!  See you tomorrow.