Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Create with Connie and Mary Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!

I started new hours at work this week and am now going to be starting a little earlier and getting done a little earlier.  I am looking forward to this new change, especially with summer coming soon.

Today I am trying a new (for me) challenge.  I see friends of mine posting their Create with Connie and Mary cards and I always like the sketches they choose for inspiration so I thought I'd give it a go. I created this card for the Create With Connie and Mary (CCM255) challenge.

Here's the sketch:


Here is my card:

I went for the simple sophisticated combo of Very Vanilla and Basic Black.  The paper is from the new Modern Medly DSP that I earned for free (Thanks Stampin'Up!) There are lots of great patterns in this one all done in black and vanilla.  I always sing Happy Birthday in my mind when I see it so I thought the music notes were perfect to pair with the chevron print.  The Happy Birthday is from Teeny Tiny Wishes-one of my all time favorite sentiment sets.  With the oval punches-this card came together in no time.

Thanks for stopping in today!  See you tomorrow.



6 comments:

  1. I love how you let the dsp take center stage on your card! Such great prints and the sentiment totally works with the music notes! Very clever! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the choice of the Modern Medley dsp for this sophisticated card! Off-setting the banner looks great too! So glad you joined us for the first time.. don't let it be the last time you join us at Create with Connie and Mary weekly challenges! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple and VERY classy! I love the combo of the prints you used! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create wit Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!!! I will be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These DSP layers look so super together. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love a black and white card. This color combo is so classic and elegant. Love your card, so glad you joined the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete