Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SUO Challenges 1st Challenge

Good Morning Everyone!!
  I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.  We spent some time with my parents at their cabin and even snuck in a boat ride on the pontoon.  It definitely felt like a Fall boat ride though.  The wind out on the lake was cold, instead of a soft summer breeze, and the light coming through the trees and in the sky looked like a crisp Fall day, not a hazy summer one.  
  Fall was the theme of our first challenge over at www.suochallenges.com  If you haven't already, come check us out and play along.   Currently we will be doing a new challenge every other week, changing it over to weekly if this really takes off.  I had a great time creating what's in store for you this week, as well as for the next challenge.  :)  I hope you all like it, too.  Let's take a look at my card.


I LOVE fall colors.  For this card I used the new Autumn Spice designer series paper from the Holiday Mini.  If you don't have this already, or it isn't on your wish list, it needs a spot.  I didn't think I really needed another DSP right now, but I ordered it for this challenge and for something we are going to be doing in my stamp club, and I'm SO glad I did.  It is really pretty and all of the papers are a thicker weight and textured.  I layered up five of the different patterns in a line to create my background.  The piece over that is Pear Pizazz card stock stamped with Pear Pizazz ink.  I used the cute set in the big Idea Book and Catalog called Falling Leaves for the leaves and the sentiment.  This is a set I hadn't really looked at too much, and we used it for a project that we created in one of the classes at Convention and I decided it was a must have.  Lastly, I used the new Designer Label Punch from the Holiday Mini, touched the edges with my ink and used the new antique brads (LOVE) for the finishing touch.  :)  

Well--I have to head off to work.  Leave me a comment.  I'd love to know what you think of this card, and our design team.  I'd also love to see you play along with us at the challenge site.  We'll be picking the top 3 submissions and they get a cool blog banner!!  Have a great day everyone.  Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stampin!
Amy

2 comments: