Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School





Hi Everyone!
  It was back to school week here, so it's been busy!!  The weather has definitely turned to Fall and the breeze blowing off Lake Superior has a bit of a bite to it now as the trees are starting to change in to their vibrant Fall colors.  This is my favorite time of year!!  My Alex started 3rd grade this week, and his biggest revelation so far--there's no more snack in 3rd grade Mom!!
  So, with back to school comes birthday party invitations and teacher appreciation gifts.  Which leads me to this teacher thank you that I created at the end of the year last year for Alex's 2nd grade teacher.  I Googled "pop up gift card holder" and found the directions.
  I used the set "First Day" that just retired in the Summer Mini (I'm keeping it around though until Stampin' Up comes up wit something like it or brings it in to next year's catalog :) ).  Although, this idea could work with all kinds of current sets.



  If you wanted to do a teacher thing, you could use a letter set to make a patterned background and the Tart and Tangy apple for your image--or you could use some of Fox and Friends.  Anyways--on to the pictures.  Enjoy!!  If your kiddos headed back to school this week, I hope they had a good week, and if you are a teacher, thanks for all you do!!

Happy Stampin'

Amy

PS...If you haven't checked it out yet--come check out SUO Challenges (www.suochallenges.com) I am on the design team of a brand new Stampin' Up Only product challenge site.  I am amongst good company with Cindy, Michelle, Deb, Jen, Karen and Melina.  Come check us out, there's something for everyone, we'd love to have you play along!

8 comments:

  1. So happy to visit your blog today. Love all the great stampin up ideas.
    visit my blog saturday morning to play the game
    http://yourhiredscrapbooksupplies.blogspot.com/
    Sherrill Graff istmpnv at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Now following from Stampin' Connections.

    Diana
    www.secretlifeofpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a card! So cute! Following from SC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, i'm following from SC too! i think i'm going through the whole list of blogs at the same time as everyone ahead of me! LOL
    great card!!
    my blog is http://stampcravings.blogspot.com
    THanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all my new followers!!

    Thanks Ann~that's an especially good comment since I know you were a teacher. :) This particular one held a gift card to Barnes and Noble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love that little bookworm image. #271 following from Stampin Connection.

    ReplyDelete