Sunday, September 19, 2010

Progressive Scrapbooking


Hi Everyone--
  Ok, I admit it.  I love the look of a scrapbook, and I love the ideas behind a scrapbook, but I would never call myself a scrapbooker.  I find it a challenge to make good layouts that capture what I'm trying to portray and are consistent.   I am a card maker through and through-it's a smaller canvas and far less intimidating.  However, with the start of my stamp club this year, I have some avid scrapbookers, some pure card makers, some who like to dabble in both, and some who are entirely new to paper crafting and don't know what camp they may be in.  Knowing this, I have forced myself out of my comfort zone and created a few scrapbooking projects for my club.  Today, I'll be sharing the first one with you, gentle comments are welcomed {and hoped for}!
  With Halloween just around the corner, I wanted to do a simple page.  Most of my group either has small kids, has grandkids, or nieces and nephews who will be dressing up this Halloween.  (Some may even dress up themselves, you never know!)  Everyone made the 6x6 page, and then I showed them the 8 1/2x11 and 12x12.  (The finished 12x12 I have patiently waiting to put a picture in of my Star Wars character and Clifford the Big Red Dog)
  Here is the finished 6x6.  We used Basic Black as the background, a layer of Pumpkin Pie, and the picture frame layer of Concord Crush.  I used the Owl punch flipped upside down to make the ghosts, the bitty bat punch, and the rounded label punch.  Sets featured were Dark and Dreary, Perfect Punches, Wicked Cool, and Tiny Tags.
Here are the 8 1/2x11 and then the finished 12x12 as well.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you all have a great day!
Happy Stampin!
Amy



8 1/2x11 I used Pumpkin Pie as the base and a wheel
The finished 12x12 is on Basic Black with spots for journaling



1 comment:

  1. Loving the scrapbook page!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Following from NY :)

    ReplyDelete