Tuesday, October 5, 2010

All Hallows Eve.......



Hey Everyone!
  Sorry for the stretch between posts--but here I am, back and with our third design challenge over at SUO Challenges.  :)  Play along with us as we all share things from the Holiday Mini Catalog....have you checked this out yet?????? If not, you need to.  This catalog is jam packed full of all kinds of fantastic items for your holiday decor, cardmaking, and gift giving necessities!!  
  Today I am featuring a few things from the mini.  The Spooky Things Decor Elements in black are what you see for the bat in the upper left hand corner of this picture frame.  (I also have used a few more from this set of elements on my Trick or Treat tray I featured here)  The other products used are the Nite Owl Designer Series Paper (The spooky tree in the right hand corner is on a 12x12 sheet of paper, and the fence is part of it, too) as well as the Dark and Dreary stamp set.  Other stamp sets used are Halloween Haunts and Wicked Cool from the IB&C.
  I loved the framed piece of decor in the mini catalog, so I took my inspiration from that. What I did was buy a frame on sale (I bought a few...) from a big box store.  I love buying these frames to use to make personalized holiday decor.  I took the mat out of it and used that as my template for cutting out my DSP.  With the tree in my bottom right hand corner, I used our 1 3/4 circle punch and punched it out of a scrap piece of paper so I had a mask for the moon.  I then started with More Mustard ink and sponged it all around the circle.  I then took Pumpkin Pie ink and sponged that around the outside of the moon to give it a bit more depth.  I used my sponge in Night of Navy and Elegant Eggplant to get my spooky night sky and made sure to sponge some over the moon.  I also sponged along the fence and base of the tree, as well as the haunted mansion with Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, and Daffodil Delight so that it looked a bit like misty ground.  I used my Daffodil Delight marker to color in the windows of the haunted mansion as well as the street post.  In the tree I stamped the raven from Dark and Dreary, and I used the bats from Wicked Cool to fill the night sky.  
  What do you think?  I can't wait to see what you all come up with.  :)  I'll be back a couple more times this week with items from our holiday mini--I'm doing a vendor fair at the end of the month, so I have some more decor items to share with you.
  Thanks for stopping in--hope you all had a great weekend!

Happy Stampin!
Amy

4 comments:

  1. I really like what you did with this. It showcases so many SU products and how they can all fit together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up to follow your blog thanks to Stampin' Connections!

    Juliet
    http://julietscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is fantastic!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete