Monday, October 4, 2010

Season of Gratitude....

Hi Everyone!
  I'm back!  I just spent a great long weekend on the North Shore with my sister, and my parents.  It started out as my Mom's belated birthday gift.  She wanted a weekend to spend with her girls, as we don't get those very often anymore.  My sister and I are both grown now, and I have a family with little kids.  So, my sister and I rented a great house up the shore and planned to have a girls' weekend.  We planned our menu, and places we wanted to stop in Grand Marais on Sunday.  My Dad got wind, and he wanted to come along, too--so he did.  It was really nice to have some time just the 4 of us again.  Although, we all agreed, next time we need to get a bigger house so my boys and husband, and my sister's boyfriend can join us, too.  More fun memories to make.  :)  I'll share some pictures later this week--the weather was absolutely beautiful, and I got some gorgeous pictures of the sunrise over Lake Superior.
  Anyways--the reason you are here...a card.  :)

I used the Autumn Spice designer series paper over a layer of Old Olive layered on a piece of Naturals Confetti.  I love this designer series paper because it can truly stand all on its own, or it looks nice with layers.  This is just a quick and simple thank you card tied together with the Modern Label punch as well as a sentiment from Thank You Kindly.  I was reading on one of the blogs I follow, about how she is sending a card a day for a week to people she is truly thankful for in her life to celebrate Thanksgiving.  I thought this was a great idea, I know I certainly don't tell the people in my life that I care about them enough--what a nice day brightener this could be.  Wouldn't you love to get a card in the mail for no reason telling you how much you are appreciated?  Anyone care to join me???
  Thank you for stopping!  I'm thankful for all of you who stop in here!

Happy Stampin,
Amy

1 comment: