Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Friday Mash Up (124)


Hey Readers!

Today's post is my entry for The Friday Mashup Challenge 124.  I love this sketch.  The first thing that came to mind was the Thanksgiving set in the new holiday catalog called Harvest of Thanks.  This was one of the first things to go on my wish list.  I loved the font, and I loved the vintage feel of the turkey, it reminded me of my favorite set of Thanksgiving dishes, Johnson Brothers, I would love a set of these some day!
 

On to the sketch:

This was a really fun sketch to work with.  I will definitely use this one again.  Here is my take:

I liked the texture of the burlap and glimmer paper.  Usually I get irritated when my images don't ink just right (or I use markers like I did for this) and don't press hard enough but I love that it gives this a vintagey feel. What do you think?  I'll post a supply list at the bottom.

I had book club last night-we discussed The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schable, I loved the book and a couple of the other ladies did, too.  The others didn't care for the book itself  but found aspects of it good.  We are reading The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver for September.  

Hope your Tuesday is a good one!  Thanks for stopping in!

Supply List:

Paper:  Early Espresso and Tangerine Tango and Very Vanilla cardstock, Champagne glimmer paper, Sweater Weather designer series paper

Stamp Set(s): Harvest of Thanks 

Ink: Early Espresso classic ink, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, and Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker

Punches: Decorative Label Punch

Accessories: Antique Brads 

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Amy! I would have never thought to use Glimmer paper on a Thanksgiving card, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific Thanksgiving card! It does look vintage and it looks great! I also like the touch of glimmer, nice touch!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Amy. The colors are so rich.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Thanks for the great inspiration with the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday, and this card makes me almost smell the turkey roasting! Love the Antique Brads and the little pop of glimmer :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card featuring those fab new goodies from the seasonal catty! Love the warm colours and the contrast between the sparkle of the glimmer paper and texture of the burlap! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiration.. I love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete