Sunday, June 27, 2010

Coming Soon--a New Card, but for now..

Hi Everyone!
  Welcome to all my new followers!  It's so fun to see some blog traffic to my site, and it is motivating me to not only get crafting but also to post.
  Yesterday I spent most of the day in the car with my husband.  We were traveling to WI for the memorial service for the mother of one of his college friends.  It was a nice service in a beautiful setting, and even though the circumstances weren't the best, it was great to see old friends.  We came home, and my youngest son (the one in the monster jammies) was feverish and not himself.  So, back in the car, off to the ER only to find he had a double ear infection.  After some antibiotics and Tylenol, he's on the mend.  Needless to say, I didn't get any crafting done yesterday.  However, I do have a project to share with you today.  It's my Mom's birthday card, and I've also loaded a picture of my Mom and I as she opens it.














She LOVES birds and hydrangeas, so I used the new Because I Care level 1 hostess set (the catalog is almost here, so you can almost earn one for yourselves! ) along with the Large Bird Punch.  The background is Kraft paper (soon to be known as Crumb Cake) and I accented with Pear Pizzazz one of the new in-colors that is gorgeous!  The bird is punched from a new designer series paper coming soon, Greenhouse Gala.  The prints in this paper are SO MUCH FUN.  There is a nice blend of floral and flourishes, I have even used the flourishes on a masculine card paired with the new Newsprint paper.  I ran the strip of Pear Pizzazz through my eyelet border punch and then twice through the crimper to give it a bit of texture and a soft feel.  Finished off with some Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon.  She LOVED it and  I was pleased with how it turned out.  Hope you enjoy~thanks for stopping.  I'm off to play with my new Elements of Style set--I earned it free through Sale-a-Bration and can't wait to ink it up.  Have a great day!


~Amy

1 comment: