Saturday, January 18, 2014

One Little Word First Page Progress

Happy Saturday Readers!

We are enjoying a beautiful sunny winter day here in the Northwoods.  The sun is sparkling off the snow and ice, and the lake is a beautiful blue.  It's cold but it sure is pretty to look out on.

Around here we are working on a few things---shredded bbq chicken in the crockpot for dinner tonight, my husband is out running some errands, and the boys will hopefully be able to go out and build a fort later today in the snow.  I have some crafting out on my table and the last part of my January One Little Word project I'm working on.  Here is my first page of the project.  I hope to infuse a little more color in to the coming months, but for this month I really wanted to focus on getting my thoughts down on paper.  Are you doing One Little Word?  There is still time to start--check it out at Ali's page here.


I just finished The Husband's Secret for book club next week.  It gets to be a page turner a couple chapters in.  It was an interesting read as a mother and a wife, made me wonder what I would do if faced with their situations.  (Although, truth be told, I hope I never have to be) Sounds like the girls all have something to say about this one, so it will be a lively discussion.


Up next for February is The Witch of Blackbird Pond.  Did you read this one as a kid?



We decided since there are 6 of us in my book club we would choose a book we wanted to read now, and a book we enjoyed reading as a young adult.  I am excited to go back through these and see how they speak to me now.

Thanks for checking in with me today.  I hope you all had a great week.  Stop back soon for some crafty goodness I am working on.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment