Monday, December 2, 2013

December Daily/Journal Your Christmas

Stampin' Up's! Daily December Album I'm using to journal

Hi All!

Mondays after a long weekend are hard aren't they? I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!  I polished off the leftover sweet potato casserole that my Mom made today.  YUM!  I don't even like sweet potatoes, but I L.O.V.E. the sweet potato casserole.  Thanks Mom :)

How many of you are doing a December Daily/Journal Your Christmas type album?  I signed up for the Shimelle Journal Your Christmas class a couple years ago.  It is so much fun to get her writing and photography prompts each day.  Go check out Journal Your Christmas.  The best part? You buy in the class one time and then you are a lifetime member!!!  It's like getting as many classes as you want for the price of one.  Another place I plan to check out for inspiration is Ali Edwards' blog.  Ali has such a fantastic gift for getting to the point of the story.  She is relevant and her style is clean, simple, and beautiful.  You can do your album the traditional way, in a notebook, completely digital, or hybrid as I plan to do.  I plan to add some clear pocket/page protectors to mine to capture the memorabilia of this special time that I can't capture with a picture.

So, for today our photo assignment was about the beginning signs of Christmas/Holiday Season approaching.  The journaling assignment was to write your manifesto for the season.  I haven't finished my manifesto yet, but here are some pictures I snapped today while I was out and about running errands.




I love that it's the "start of the Christmas season" when the calendar turns to December 1st.  It's such a magical time.  The air is crisp.  The Salvation Army bell ringers are out ringing the bells, spreading Christmas cheer, and reminding us to share our fortune with those less fortunate.  The stores and storefront windows are decked out in their holiday best.  The special songs of Christmas are on the radio, in stores, in my CD player in the car and on my laptop as I type this. (Much to my husband's delight)  I look forward to the cartoons from my childhood coming on TV during the weeknights even though my children don't get why that's so special when you can get it on DVD.  This week my family and I will be dusting off the decorations and putting up the tree.  I can hardly wait!!

I hope your week is off to a great start.  Thanks for checking in with me today!

1 comment: