Sunday, October 27, 2013

Clean and Simple 264

Good Morning Friends!

I'm not exactly sure how we are at Monday again already, but I had a fabulously fun, family filled weekend.  I love doing little things that my boys will grow up remembering as traditions! (More about that at the bottom of the post)

Here is today's Clean and Simple 264 sketch challenge:

 Here is my take.  It's not the best picture due to it being night time right now and I wanted to be sure to share this with you in the AM :)  I will be sure to take another picture in the softer sunlight so you can really see all the beautiful and soft textures and colors on this card.  It looks very hunters' club chic don't you think?

If you read my blog over the weekend at all, you'll know that we had a weekend surrounding pumpkin carving and the Halloween Spooktacular.  So much fun.  The pumpkin carving party has been a tradition at my Gram and Bup's house every year for as long as I can remember.  It's so much fun to now have my husband and boys able to join in, too.  Here's a few pictures of the day.  I think it's so funny that Bup always says that this is the year he's retiring from pumpkin carving.  (You'll note that he is in the pictures working hard at either carving something or picking out the pumpkin seeds for us to roast)  My Gram must have said 5 or 6 times how happy she was to see all of the kids set to the task of carving a pumpkin, and how much she missed those in our family who live out of town and couldn't be there today.  I hope you enjoy them.  Have a great start to your week!
Gram supervising and Bup carving

Bup sorting seeds and my husband Mitch carving Batman in to Jack's pumpkin

Alex carving his pumpkin jail as Auntie Laurie and Uncle Steve look on

My Gram and Bup's front porch-so many happy memories in this house

Alex offering some tips to my cousin Joe and my Aunt Laurie catching it on camera

Alex carving pumpkin jail and Bup "not" carving a pumpkin

Jack playing Legos with the other boys (Jack is on the right)

Back home with the finished products 



No comments:

Post a Comment