Thursday, January 13, 2011

All About Me--1st Page



Happy Thursday All!
  Today I am sharing the first layout in my All About Me album.  I am going to add pictures and journaling in later, mostly I just want to get my layouts complete and ready for pictures.
  In my first page I am going to put pictures of myself as a little girl, a teenage/college age girl, and an adult.  The journaling that's going to go along with these pages are nicknames I've held (and some that still hold) over the years.  We all have them.  They come from our parents, our siblings, our grandparents, our friends, and our spouses.  Some of them stick like glue forever, some come and go, yet they all become a part of us, and so I thought that would be a fun way to start out my book.  I'd love to hear some nicknames you've had over the years.  :)
  On to the layout.  For the base of all of my pages in my book I've used the color Crumb Cake.  It's a soft neutral that adds a bit without overpowering the layout.  On the first page I used the paper doll paper from the Sweet Stitches designer series paper.  I cut 3 3.5x3.5 squares of that pattern, and one 3.5x3.5 square of the pink pattern from that set.  (SO CUTE!!)  The sticker in the middle (ME sticker) and the journaling sticker came from the Love Birds Simply Scrappin Kit.  I'm looking forward to using more of those stickers later on, and some of the paper in girly cards and maybe even some non-traditional Valentines.
  Thanks for stopping in to visit!  I'd love to hear what you think of my first layout for my book, as well as about your nicknames.  I hope you have a great Thursday!

Happy Stampin!


No comments:

Post a Comment